Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Some days, God is Like a Fountain and He Refreshes My Soul

Its been an interesting year. Lots of changes - good and bad - and lots of stress - also good and bad. And I have repeatedly found myself burning out on trying to do everything myself - leaning on no one but myself.

I've been forgetting to let God in. 

And it shows.



Today, I sat by this fountain during a lunch-break, and felt suddenly stuck by a longing - the longing to be renewed, refreshed, cleansed of needless care.

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. - Revelation 7:17 

The fountain with its lovely sparkling water spraying into the pond spoke to my parched soul. I want to be pulled into God's cleansing waters and then shot back out into the world to sparkle - I want to be stirred up, cleaned up, refreshed.

I want to lean on Him - for real. I want to let go and let His Grace soothe and strengthen me.

Thank you, God for showing me for today - for always - that all I have to do is lean into you and you will ease my burdens, and refresh me to begin anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!