Monday, November 18, 2013

I am Grateful for... Nov 18 '13

As the Thanksgiving holiday draws near, I am reminded to pause and reflect - to count my blessings - to recognize the goodness in my life.  This weekend, I was blessed by:

Time with my mother - chatting and sharing household chores at her home...

Wee nieces -  chats and hugs and emails and Dr. Who excitement...

Time with my niece, Autumn - more chatting, and renewing bonds...

Time with my sweetie - watching great films I would never have chosen on my own, listening to the wonderful music he makes, sitting before a fire he tends...

A warm and cozy home - it may not be a fancy mansion, but our home is warm and cozy and suits our needs beautifully! We are converting our spare room into a nursery/crafts room so that grandbaby-to-be has his own special place here...

Plentiful food - we are blessed with plenty! Foods I grew and canned or froze myself, foods I buy at the farmers market, foods I buy at the safe and clean local supermarkets and grocery shops. This is a blessing that is easy to take for granted...it is easy to assume everyone has access to a safe and healthy food supply...even in our own wealthy nation there are folks living in food deserts, where there is nary an accessible grocery store to buy reasonably priced produce, much less bargains!

A pantry and facilities for cooking - in addition to being blessed with plentiful food and a varied and easily accessible food supply, we are blessed with facilities for storing and preparing these foods. So many people do not have the blessing of their own kitchen - they do not have the means to make a simple pot of soup or to store less-costly summer produce for winter, or to buy staples in bulk and save them in a pantry...

I will continue to reflect and count my blessings between now and Thanksgiving - and scribble them in the blog here and there. 

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!