Saturday, December 15, 2012

Advent Meditations: Friday 14 Dec 12


I like to make little tags for my Advent wreath - one side names the theme of the week (this week being PEACE) and the other listing a few verses or a short reading in keeping with the theme. On days when I am rushing and don't have time to "be inspired", I read one of the verses on the tag and spend a moment in quiet reflection. These two verses are my "back-up" for this week of PEACE.

The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
 - Numbers 6:24-26

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
 - John 14:23-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!