Monday, April 2, 2012

Nature Calls to Me

Nature has been calling...

she whispers in the breeze that ripples the new grass, shouts in the gusts that bow great trees, dances among the daffodils...

calls me to look at vibrant new life springing forth...

to taste fresh air after a rain...

to indulge in heady scents of damp earth and delicate flowers.



I sit hours on end, watching the play of sunlight and shadow on the forest floor. I feel a renewed bond with this season of rebirth, I feel comforted by this manifestation of the slow turning in the ever-changing cycle of season to season, life to death to life.

For a few months now, I have been considering a rather major life-shift...and I have been trying to build a little nest-egg, gather courage, and sketch some plans for how I see my life path turning.

Pretty scary stuff for someone who loves the familiar! And yet it can sometimes be a bit depressing...as I contemplate not changing, not growing, staying stuck in an unhappy place. I feel the Lord calling me to step, but do I have the strength and courage to follow?

When I sit in this pocket forest I feel encouraged, refreshed, ready to start again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!