Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cross-stitch Motif

I have mentioned in other posts (and on Facebook) that I am creating an ebook of cross-stitch patterns - all based on artwork from The Pepper Bible, a beautiful hand-scribed and illuminated Bible that my friend James Pepper created. The first ebook will contain some beautiful patterns that can be used as repeating borders, as well as overall pieces that would be wonderful as pillows or samplers. It has been a labor of love...

This motif is a small detail from one of the larger pieces, from a page in the Gospel of Luke:


The original is 14-count aida in DMC wools, but I like to think of this as a giant pop-art graphic - stitched big and bright just by itself... or as a repeated border...or...what would you do with it? 

Please respect our copyright - this is shared for personal use only, no commercial use. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!