Friday, November 5, 2010

Show Me How Knitting, by Susan Levin and Gloria Tracy

This sweet, fun and informative book (which is really two books in one!) was given to me today by a friend who works at the Sixth & Spring Books offices. I mentioned that I plan to teach my wee nieces to fingerknit...
The book contains a delightful story, "Knitting to the Rescue" about a little girl named Mary Ruth who learns how to knit from her grandma during a blackout. Then "Mary Ruth's How to Knit Book" takes over - with step-by-step instructions!

I look forward to sharing this with Madi and Kay!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea...I've been knitting since I was 12 years old. Mom taught me how and I taught my daughters. Mom is 86 and still knitting booties and hats for the local NICU! So glad you will be continuing the knitting tradition!!! Have a great weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!