Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November, a Month of Giving Thanks

November is the month in which we in the US celebrate our Thanksgiving holiday. But why leave gratitude to a single day? Am I not thankful each and every day for the blessings it brings? And so I have decided to make the month of November a "Giving Thanks" time.

I am currently writing notes to people that have touched my life, thanking them for their contribution to the person I am (or am becoming). It amazes me how one note leads to another, a spark of memory "oh! I remember when Miss X helped me to..."

It can be very easy to say "I am blessed", but a bit more work goes into reflecting *how* I am blessed... *who* has touched my life... and how do I recognise this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!