Thursday, October 1, 2015

Welcome to 31 Days of Living Life on Purpose


Life happens to me and to you whether we pay attention to it or not - so why not choose to live our lives on purpose?
(Tweet this)


Welcome to 31 Days of Living Life on Purpose! (scroll down to see links to the daily posts)


But ... what is Living Life on Purpose, you ask? 

Well...what is purpose? Oxford Dictionaries defines purpose as "the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists" ... 

The Online Etymology Dictionary tells me that on purpose, meaning "by design", dates from the early 1400s... and that the roots of purpose mean "intention, aim, goal".  


So...Living Life on Purpose is living life by design - with intention - with aim - with goals.

Easy, right? or maybe not so easy...

I know how easy it is to become sidetracked, to be caught up in life's busyness and then suddenly realize "WOW - another year gone by..." 

That would be me living my life without a defined purpose, without direction - without the results I desire. In fact, that would be a lot of my life - time spent working really, really hard with not an awful lot to show for it, time spent running around in circles...too many moments of wondering where all the time went...too many regrets... 

and then I realized...

the time didn't go anywhere, I just didn't always choose where to spend it, where to aim, I far too often let my time - my life - slip away!

Now - I am certainly not perfect, and I am not promising a miracle cure - not for you and not for me (smile). But I have learned and I have developed skills and created new habits that I want to share with anyone else who sometimes wonders where the days have gone.

My goal for the next 31 days are to explore Living Life with Purpose... Living Life Deliberately... Living Life with Considered Choices... 
Will you join me?

Daily Living Life on Purpose Posts:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!