Friday, March 29, 2013

For My Son

My son turned 25 today...

and I thought of all the lessons I wanted him to learn as he grew to manhood - some lessons taught, some still being shared...

I thought of all the lessons I learned being his mom - some joyous and fun, some painful and hard...the hardest moments I have ever had...

I see the seeds I planted, I watch some take root and others are dormant...for now, to sprout when they are needed? Or did they simply fall on barren ground?

There is so much I want to share with him, so much I want to spare him, but wisdom comes with experience - not with an earful of lessons and warnings...

Twenty five years is a goodly time to grow a young man and to set him upon his path...but perhaps not enough time to grow a mom who wants to wave goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!