Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent Meditations - Monday 3 Dec 12

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” - Genesis 1:26-28

Altho many begin the Christmas story with Mary and Joseph traveling for the census, our story truly begins with Genesis and ends at the Cross. God's promises - His gift of HOPE for humanity - begins at the beginning. For my family's practice, I usually choose 2 verses as inspiration for the week - 1 Old Testament and 1 New Testament...and then see where those verses take me in my daily meditation. My weekly OT verse was in Isaiah...and it pointed me right to the Creation...to the very first Promise... that we are each created to be special, in God's own image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!