Monday, December 5, 2011

Advent Ideas

The four weeks of Advent are themed: Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love - each year our readings are centered upon these themes.

This year I added specific verses for each week to my Advent wreath, plus a verse for Christmas day (Christmas is almost always from the Luke Nativity story in our home).

While these are not the only verses or readings we will share, each spoke to me as a "theme verse" for its week.

The verse I thought I wanted for the final week - the week of Love - took me on a bit of a journey to a completely different verse...funny how that happen!

What four verses or inspirational quotes would you select for each of the theme subjects of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!