Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent: Hope

The First Sunday of Advent was the commencement of the week of Hope. Hope is that small Light that shines in the darkness, a beacon that chases away fear, the true Promise of the Babe in the Manger. That Baby was tiny and helpless, as are we all - but He grew to fulfill the sacrifice that creates our Redemption.

What greater gift could one receive for Christmas?


I gaze upon my infant cousins, and I think of that Christ Child - of how His mother would have held Him and loved Him, just as I snuggle little Charlotte or Michelle. I wonder how much Mary guessed about the path her child's life might take.

Every child contains the hope of his parents - the Christ Child contains the hope of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!