Thursday, May 26, 2011

Inspiration


A friend recently asked if I ever used inspiration boards. I have, but I find I more often use my "commonplace book" for this purpose. A traditional commonplace book was a repository for all sorts of information: favorite poems and book quotes, perhaps a little stillroom knowledge, trivia that caught the writer's fancy. Some commonplace books fall into the stillroom book category, filled with recipes (receipts) for cordials and medicines, garden and harvest information, sketches of herbs and flowers and more. 

My personal commonplace book is a bit of both - filled with book passages that either inspired or challenged me, some current events and political thought, poems, recipes, homeschooling projects, sketches, garden journal entries, preserving logs (and hard-earned tips for "better practices"!), daydreams and ideas for future projects...

Do you keep a commonplace book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!