Sunday, August 8, 2010

As the wild deer longs for water...

Sicut cervus desiderat ad fontes aquarum, ita desiderat anima mea ad te Deus. - Psalm 42

On this sunny Sunday morning, I spy small miracles all around me that refresh my tired spirit:

Bright yellow, starry flowers on a cucumber plant long given up for gone

New tiny green tomatoes

The sweet banter of the early morning birds

And these tiny white flowers, which are growing wild in the "landscaped" area at our local train station (an area in which they simply plopped random assortments of shrubbery two years back, and now neglect completely)

And a completely random overhearing of Palestrina's "Sicut Cervus" as I passed by a small church on my way to the train.

As the wild deer longs for water, so do I long for you, Lord!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!