Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Notes

I was blessed today to spend a lovely day with family.

But as I was watching the wee nieces scamper about, I could not help but think of the very many mothers who no longer have their children.

How do those mothers cope on this celebration of motherly love?

How does the woman who has lost all her children feel today?

Or the mom who's child is away at war? Or locked away? Or given away? Or taken away?

And so as I count my own blessings on this day, I take a moment to pray for mothers who grieve.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true...
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about these things too because I have a friend who lost her only child. It is a very hard day for some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!