Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When words fail

There are times when words cannot move us or in any measure convey our feelings. Times that are so grievous that no matter how beautiful or powerful the words may be, they cannot touch us or bring comfort and peace. Times when anything we say seems to clang the wrong note.

In my time of sorrow, I often found myself utterly speechless - and I took a measure of comfort in knowing that God understood my feelings, even tho I could not express them.


In that same time of sorrow, the words of others, no matter how loving and sincere, did not reach me.

What did reach me?

Acts of love. 

The loving friend who simply sat with me, hour after hour, saying nothing but just being with me. Sometimes, that is the greatest comfort one can give, to be with you in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!