Friday, March 27, 2009

Confessions of a Bookaholic



My name is Kathy, and I am a bookaholic. I started reading and collecting books at the age of four. I can still remember late nights hidden under a blanket reading Peter and Wendy, until dad would come home and take it away, forcing me to sleep! Some of my favorite memories are tied up in the books I was reading at the time. With my books I have found knowledge, adventure, solace, comfort, and joy.

Its not my fault, its a genetic thing! My grandma was a bookaholic, and so is my mom. Even an auntie or two, but we don't talk about that...

From time to time, I try to clean up and give the books to people who can use them with more discretion than I. But it never lasts! The lure of the used bookstore is irresistible to me. The siren call of new and "new to me" books! I walk in and the next thing I know I am walking out a few dollars poorer and with a heavy bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I enjoy a courteous conversation!